Most problems in Intruder alarm systems can be located quickly and easily if you bear in mind that an alarm system is like a jigsaw puzzle. All the pieces need to fit together before the system will operate correctly. If we look at the system as a whole, it can become daunting, but if we break it down into sections and know which sections are responsible for which functions, fault-finding becomes a logical and simple process.
The next questions must be answered:
- Is the fault permanent or intermittent?
- If permanent is the fault visible?
- How old is the installation?
- Has there been lightning in the area recently?
- If intermittent when do the faults occur?
- Has the same fault occurred before?
- Have building alterations been done recently?
- Have long power failures occurred?